Sunday, June 2, 2013

One Year Old!

So on May 26th my amazing son turned one! It seriously feels like just yesterday we were at the hospital. Time sure flies!

Jered's birthday party was the day before his actual birthday. I was so excited and hoped nothing went wrong...but of course something did. When Mike went to pick up the cake he called me and said that they spelled Jered wrong. I understand that his name isn't spelled a normal way but I wrote down his name. Like really?! It related ticked me off. Then once we got to the park we noticed that there was a hair on the cake..a hair! Ugh. Anyways. We called and complained and will get a refund.

Everything else went pretty smoothly. We had a volleyball net set up, there was a playground right next to us and tennis courts and basketball courts. I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted. I didn't think I would be so busy. We served subs with potato salads, and chips. Then we also had a cotton candy machine and snow cone machine thanks to my grandma. We got a plain white cake with baseball decorations for everyone.
For Jered I made him a baseball cake.
He wouldn't touch the cake at first. Until we gave him a fork. He didn't have much but it's okay:) Next came the presents.
I didn't get pictures of everything he got. The drum set he plays and it's so cute! Mike and I got him crayons, a coloring book, a dry erase board, dry erase crayons, and a baseball mit with a baseball and a football.

It was a very stressful week leading up to the party but it was all worth it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment